Skip to main content

Arizona!


We Made it!

We made it to Arizona! We have had quite a busy summer trying to get here. In our last few weeks in Colorado we got to see lots of family and friends. Then while Alex finished up work at Playco, Bentley and I spent some time in New Mexico with my family. It was great because My older sister was also able to come for a visit with her kids and we got to do lots of fun things together!












When Alex finished up he came to NM, where we then carpooled to Arizona. For the first week we stayed at my Boss's guest house because our apartment wasn't ready, Bentley loved the pool there and her dogs:) When we got into our apartment my wonderful father in law drove down the moving truck with the rest of our stuff.


So far we are doing great in Arizona. The apartment is smaller than we were planning, but we were able to get a 9 month lease which is awesome because Alex's program is only 9 months and we don't know if we will be staying in Tempe or not when he graduates. Plus we are super close to my sister,  and close to campus (there is a shuttle that picks up right down the street from us).  So far our ward is also nice, Alex got put into to Elders Quorum Presidency. 

Alex is liking school, it is definitely keeping him Busy, but he is enjoying learning new things and meeting lots of new people.
Alex's first day of Graduate School
I have been working at Flip Dunk, which is a Trampoline Park/ Gymnastics gym. I teach mostly the little kids and beginner gymnastic classes. It is nice because they work around Alex's school schedule. And Bentley absolutely loves it there and they love him, so if I do end up taking him with me its not a problem:)

Bentley is doing great so far, we are still working on making some friends for him in the area, but he loves going to the Library, the pool, gymnastics and of course hanging out with aunt Chelsy:) 


Exciting announcement....


Bentley is going to be a big Brother! We are super excited, and still trying to get Bentley to understand the idea of being a big brother.  I am due beginning of April, so far it has been a pretty easy going pregnancy, there are good days and bads days, and I still get some morning sickness but I'm hoping i'm passed the worst of it.

Anyway, All is well and Happy in the Richards household! We sure miss Colorado but we are making the most of our time here in Arizona!

Love always 
Alex, Lezlie, and Bentley

































Comments

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like you're adjusting well. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Life would be boring without change!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!! Hello! I know I say this every time but it’s been awhile since our last post and so much has changed for our family in the last few months! But the top three changes are: 1-We found out we were expecting! 2- Alex got a new job (same company), and 3- We moved to San Diego!  I’ll just summarize by month and add lots of pictures😃 June/July We had a nice relaxing summer, we stayed home and tried to get back into a routine and normal life post hospital. We did go to the children’s museum lots and played outside. We also put Hadley in some dance classes and Bentley in Swimming and soccer to keep them busy. Bentley also lost two teeth!  August Bentley started kindergarten! I can’t Believe he is old enough to go to school! But he loves school and loved his teacher, I hope he doesn’t grow out of his love for learning. We also took a weekend trip to Monterey where we went to the beach and went to t...

Looking Forward to New Adventures

It has been a busy few months! I am in NM visiting my family so I got as much packing done as I could before I left. Its amazing how much we have accumulated the last 2.5 years living here! I will put up a bunch of pictures, hopefully once we get settled in Arizona I will be a better blogger! Family Adventures A few fun things since the last blog: A trip to Utah for Alex's grandmas 90th birthday Fro-Yo Run/Bolder Boulder/Broomfield Trail Days A trip to NM for Annies Graduation Aquarium to see the fish Childrens Museum with the cousins Denver history/science Museum with the Aunt Em and Grandma R. Alex Its the busy season once again for Alex at work. We are grateful for all of the hours he puts in! He has been doing a lot of prep work for his Masters program, and helping me pack all our stuff up. He has also taken charge of finding us housing in AZ, I will meet him in Phoenix this weekend to hopefully find a place. Lezlie I played my last orchestra concert with...