Skip to main content

Life would be boring without change!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!



Hello! I know I say this every time but it’s been awhile since our last post and so much has changed for our family in the last few months! But the top three changes are:
1-We found out we were expecting!
2- Alex got a new job (same company), and
3- We moved to San Diego!

 I’ll just summarize by month and add lots of pictures😃

June/July

We had a nice relaxing summer, we stayed home and tried to get back into a routine and normal life post hospital. We did go to the children’s museum lots and played outside. We also put Hadley in some dance classes and Bentley in Swimming and soccer to keep them busy. Bentley also lost two teeth!












 August

Bentley started kindergarten! I can’t Believe he is old enough to go to school! But he loves school and loved his teacher, I hope he doesn’t grow out of his love for learning. We also took a weekend trip to Monterey where we went to the beach and went to the aquarium.






September

In September it was time for Alex and I needed to get away after a stressful year and we took a cruse to Mexico while his mom came and took care of the kids. He went over his birthday so it was extra special celebration. We also found out we are expecting baby #3 due in May next year!








October

October was filled with lots of fall festivities and a trip to Utah to see family and go to general conference. It was also filled with lots of changes with Alex’s job. Our lease on our home was ending and Alex didn’t love his commute to work everyday, so as we were looking for a new home we also were looking for a new higher paying job. Long Story short he got another job, his current company didn’t want to lose him so they offered him a raise. We continued to house search when a promotion became available in the San Diego office of his current job. He applied and interviewed and was offered the job! So he spent the tail end of October and beginning of November working in San Diego during the week and coming home on the weekends. We are so proud of him and all the hard work he does for our family!
















November

So for the first couple weeks of November while Alex was gone I was busy packing up the house and getting things ready to move. Then the kids and I took a break and flew to Phoenix where we were able to spend some time and have some fun adventures with Chelsy and my parents. We came back from our trip, finished up packing then we loaded up our truck and drove down to our new home in Poway California! We drove on a Sunday, Unpacked the UHaul on Monday then on Tuesday morning we drove to New Mexico to Spend Thanksgiving with my family. Bentley was so excited to be in the snow!















December


That brings us to December! We have somewhat settled in, still living out of some boxes, but we will eventually get there. Bentley got started at his new school and is already fitting in and making new friends. We were able to go around and get to know our town a little bit and have been so impressed with how family friendly it is! Alex is really liking his new job and his new office. I think we are going to like to here! We are sticking around for the Holidays and we are excited to spend time with Alex’s sister Kim and her family. We also were able to find some great doctors for Bentley and me. We did find out that the baby is a BOY! We are excited to become a family of five next year!!








I hope everyone knows that we love you wherever you are and wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. who knows maybe next year I will be better at keeping the blog up to date.

Love Always Alex, Lezlie, Bentley,and Hadley Richards 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arizona!

We Made it! We made it to Arizona! We have had quite a busy summer trying to get here. In our last few weeks in Colorado we got to see lots of family and friends. Then while Alex finished up work at Playco, Bentley and I spent some time in New Mexico with my family. It was great because My older sister was also able to come for a visit with her kids and we got to do lots of fun things together! When Alex finished up he came to NM, where we then carpooled to Arizona. For the first week we stayed at my Boss's guest house because our apartment wasn't ready, Bentley loved the pool there and her dogs:) When we got into our apartment my wonderful father in law drove down the moving truck with the rest of our stuff. So far we are doing great in Arizona. The apartment is smaller than we were planning, but we were able to get a 9 month lease which is awesome because Alex's program is only 9 months and we don't know if we will be staying in ...

Looking Forward to New Adventures

It has been a busy few months! I am in NM visiting my family so I got as much packing done as I could before I left. Its amazing how much we have accumulated the last 2.5 years living here! I will put up a bunch of pictures, hopefully once we get settled in Arizona I will be a better blogger! Family Adventures A few fun things since the last blog: A trip to Utah for Alex's grandmas 90th birthday Fro-Yo Run/Bolder Boulder/Broomfield Trail Days A trip to NM for Annies Graduation Aquarium to see the fish Childrens Museum with the cousins Denver history/science Museum with the Aunt Em and Grandma R. Alex Its the busy season once again for Alex at work. We are grateful for all of the hours he puts in! He has been doing a lot of prep work for his Masters program, and helping me pack all our stuff up. He has also taken charge of finding us housing in AZ, I will meet him in Phoenix this weekend to hopefully find a place. Lezlie I played my last orchestra concert with...